Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is FOX Movies Play?
FOX Movies Play (FMP) is an innovative, value added service Fox Movies offers at no additional cost to its premium package subscribers, giving them the opportunity to enjoy the best Fox Movies content on internet connected devices
- 2. What devices will FOX Movies Play work on?
FMP will initially work on internet connected computers (PC and Mac) and in short time will work on many other connected devices such as tablets, smartphones, etc
- 3. Is FOX Movies Play a pay or subscription service?
No. It is a value added, on-demand service that allows you watch the best of Fox Movies’ content on many broadband connected devices
- 4. What do I need to access FOX Movies Play
You first must be a subscriber to the FOX Movies Play package, and your pay TV Operator must offer FMP. FMP can be accessed at www.foxmoviesplay.com
Once you select the content you want to watch, FMP will prompt you to enter the e-mail and password provided by your pay TV Operator (most likely the same password the Operator provided to log into their web site). In addition to viewing content, you can comment on content and link you to your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- 5. Do I need to install any special programs to connect to FOX Movies Play?
No, you only need an internet connection and the login/password provided by your pay TV Operator. Initially FMP is available to PC/Mac, so Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is required
To maximize FMP on your PC, we suggest the following technical specifications:
- 6. What security features does FOX Movies Play have
- Only one login/password per subscription household is allowed
- One session per user is allowed at the same time
- Once logged in, each session lasts a maximum of 24 hours
- Content protection is included to prevent unauthorized usage
- Content is hosted and streamed by Akamai to ensure the best viewing experience possible
- Content can only be viewed within the territory where the content is licensed
- 7. What content does FOX Movies Play offer?
FMP offers the best of its movie content from major Studios such as Disney, 20th Century FOX, and others, as well as exclusive, original productions such as The Walking Dead
- 8. Is FOX Movies Play’s image quality similar to the TV screen?
Yes, and the player automatically adjusts to the fastest broadband connection speed possible. The player is designed such that it plays smoothly without buffering, and allows the viewer to pause, fast forward, rewind, view in full screen mode, and also remembers where you left off to finish viewing a title in another session
All audio-visual material is hosted and distributed through Akamai network, leading company on Internet video transmission. This allows Fox Movies to maximize the availability of its content, and make sure it will be efficiently and quickly delivered to users.
- 9. How long will content be available on FOX Movies Play?
Content will first premier on Fox Movies, and then will be made available on FMP for a variable period of time, based on the license period and viewer interest
- 10. What can I do to improve my FOX Movies Play experience?
FMP is designed to provide the best possible viewing experience, and will automatically detect and adjust to the fast broadband connection possible.
You can also do the following to maximize your FMP experience:
- Close other applications on your PC while watching content
- If the image freezes, rewind and allow to play again
- Use during times of lower internet demand/usage
- Use a wired connection if possible
|Processor speed||Single Core CPU @ 2.4GHz or Dual Core CPU||1.5 Ghz|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (minimum of 256 MB)||512 MB RAM|
|Video memory||128 MB|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux||OS X 10.4+|
|Reccommended browsers||Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4, Chrome 3||Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+, Chrome 3|
|Flash Player||Adobe Flash Player 10.1||Adobe Flash Player 10.1|
|Screen resolution||1024x768 or higher, 32-bit color||1024x768 or higher, 32-bit color|
|Suggested connection speed||3 MB||3 MB|